Directorate of Food ProcessingMeghalaya
Directorate of Food ProcessingMeghalaya
About the Directorate of Food Processing
The agro-climatic zones of Meghalaya facilitate production of a large number of diverse fruits and vegetables. Most of our agricultural commodities are amenable for further processing into various intermediary and finished products that can fetch better value to the farmers and processors. The present institutional mechanism for value addition is barely adequate. The full potential of the sector therefore, goes abegging. Based on the 2015-16 data, the net sown area of Meghalaya is 3,43,431 ha which is just 15.27% of the total geographical area.
There are at least four major crops that are grown in about 10000 ha each, in our state, namely: – Potato, Mandarin Orange, Pineapple, and Ginger. There is also an exclusive niche market for Lakadong Turmeric. This is where the proposal for creating the Directorate of Food Processing came into being and the Government of Meghalaya had created a new Directorate of Food Processing under the Department of Agriculture in May 2018.
To emphasize on the potential of agro-processing in developing the economic status by creating additional employment opportunities and means of livelihood and adding potential value to the natural resources.
– Our Vision
Government Fruit Preservation Centres
The Government Fruit Preservation Centres at Shillong with an installed capacity of 60MT and Dainadubi with 30 MT capacity annually were established in the year 1955 and 1964 respectively by the Department of Agriculture, Government of Assam to preserve and prevent surplus perishable fruits and vegetables from spoilage and wastage.
Activities of the Directorate
The Short – term training programme on “Spice Processing : Business Opportunities and future Prospective” which is a part of the capacity building...
Partnering with the largest food innovation network in the world, SIAL International, through the signing of a letter of intent with Comexposium...
Organized an Interactive Session with Banks, Export And Ecommerce Agencies in collaboration with the Meghalaya Institute of Entrepreneurship (MIE),...
- Results of the State Lead Project Manager and Marketing Manager under SPMU of PM FME Scheme
- Important Info:Results of the written examination for the post of Technical Associates Level – I in the Directorate of Food Processing held on 27th march 2021
- Venue for the exam on Sat 27th, March at 11.00 AM is in the office of 1917iTEAMS, Top Floor, DAO Complex, St. Edmunds School gate, Laitumkhrah, Shillong 793003. All are to report at the venue a minimum of 1 hour ahead of time to complete all formalities.
- Application form for the post of technical associates level – 1 in the Directorate of Food Processing
- Advertisement for positions in the Directorate of Food Processing, Government of Meghalaya
- Instructions to candidates to complete the Application Process
- Empanelled Candidates to the post of District Resource Persons (DRPs) under PM FME Scheme
- Shortlisted candidates for the interview for the posts of District Resource Person under PM FME Scheme
- Shortlisted candidates for the written examination for the posts of SPMU under PM FME Scheme
- Advertisement for the posts of District Resource Persons Under PM FME Scheme
- Online Application Submission for Contractual Post for Project Management Unit under the Directorate of Food Processing DOFP
- Advertisement for Contractual Post for Project Management Unit (PMU)
- Extension of Notice inviting Tender
- Notice Inviting Tender for Machineries and Equipment
- Tender document for Machineries and Equipment
- Advertisement for the post of Accountant
- IIFPT – One-day National Online Workshop on PM Formalisation of Micro- Food Processing Enterprise Scheme (PM-FME)
- Inviting Quotation on the Directorate of Food Processing website – 15 June 2020
- Inviting Quotation on the Directorate of Food Processing website – 11 June 2020
- National Seminar/Workshop on the growth of Green Initiatives and Social Entrepreneurship – 18 Jan 2020
- District Level Committees(DLC) Notification
- State Level Approval Committee(SLAC) Notification
Social Media Feed
Address: Dhankheti, Cleve Colony, Shillong, Meghalaya 793003